Sunday, April 10, 2011

very pinteresting...

Good morning to you on this Sunday.

As most of you know if you've been following my blog for a while, I have a touch of baby fever. I caught it back when I was born I think, and since Bryan and I got married it's been the topic of conversation with many of our friends and family. Really, we've heard it all.

"When are you getting pregnant?"
 "There will never be a right time"
 "You should live a little before you have kids" 
"You should travel before you have kids"
"You should have a kid so I can spoil it" 
"Babies are a big responsibility"
"Hurry up already!"

really, we've heard it all.

Well, I was poking around on Pinterest this morning and came across this -


and I feel like my world got a little rocked.

We have yet to hear,

"A baby is worth the wait"

I guess whatever the time period for wait is, it will be worth it :)

10 comments:

  1. Agreed. Veryvery true... But yet... Im SO done waiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Amanda- if there was anything I needed to see today, it is that. So true! It really is hard to wait and know when it is the right time, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, exactly! I've heard it all too! I made the mistake of annoucing my baby fever on facebook the other day and little did I know that that meant that I was apparently asking for everyones opinions on if I should or should not have a baby right now...even though I said in my status we're waiting 2-3 years...it was actually kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have SO been there. We were married 4 years before little Sidney joined us. I wanted a baby for probably 3.5 of those 4 years :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said my friend...well said!!!!!! its SOOOOO hard knowing when its right but it will be completely worth the wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very true. I've been married two years now and I don't think a week goes by without someone asking me when we are going to have a baby! BTW, I just stumbled over your blog this weekend and I love it. I basically read it all late last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. babe, i am in love with babies too. i want one badly. to be honest, i would rather plan a nursery and have a baby shower than having a wedding. *Bad I know* But I know that, 1.) We need to get married first 2.) He has to get his Masters. But we have been thinking ahead. For example, we have been needing to get a new bed. Trav says, "Why don't we get a King size since we're going to have our own little ones wanting to get in bed with us in a couple years?" So we're thinking about it, but when the time is right, it will come. It still won't be for a while. XoXo.

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this....I can totally relate to you!! I love that idea...it is so true and important to remember that our future children will be worth however long we have to wait for them. =] I just hope it happens sooner than later. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya! I feel the pressure too and sometimes it's me putting the pressure on myself. It's a BIG decision for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone so much for your understanding! I really appreciate it! It's also good to know I'm not in the same boat - babies are a big deal, I don't want to rush into anything, but I can't help but shake this baby fever I've got going...We'll see I guess! Love you all! <3

    ReplyDelete