Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Pollyanna Project

"Even after having lived the hardscrabble life of a missionary's daughter all her life and seen the loss of both parents, young Pollyanna Whittier refuses to be depressed. Instead, she must be glad about anything she can think of, and it's paid off big time. Now, however, she must go to live with her cold, spinsterish aunt in a town inhibited by embittered, unfriendly souls. Can she use her glad game to win over everyone and transform the town?"
-IMDB: Pollyanna

We all go about our lives every day, minding our own business, working hard, loving our family, and trying to be a genuine person. Most of the time it's easy to stay positive and count the blessings in your life.

However, every so often something creeps up on you. It's that overwhelming feeling you just can't shake. It follows you throughout your day/week/even month sometimes. It looms over you like a dark rain cloud ready to burst and drench you at any moment. 

 We've all dealt with it and it's not easy to avoid.
It's called negativity.
Sometimes it's spawned by others and you may feel you have no other choice but to feed into it. I'm here to tell you, you don't.

I went through a period of time myself where I wasn't a happy camper. And we all know the saying, 'hurt people, hurt people', and I couldn't agree more. I'm guilty of it. Gossiping about people. Speaking down to others. Wanting to 'beat' them in whatever race I was running against them. Feeling so much negativity in our hearts that it almost consumes you... Maybe it's just me, but I feel I'm not alone in this.

So here's my challenge.
When you feel that dark cloud slipping back into your life,
find something - even if it's just one thing - in everyone, to be glad about.

I'm asking you to comment/sign your name below and take the pledge to cut out the negativity.
Choose love instead of hate.
Choose to smile instead of scowl.
Choose positivity instead of negativity.

Grab the button from the right side of my blog and get out there to spread some sunshine!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project! I've been attempting to do this myself, in my daily life :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post and a great challenge. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. I've been on the up and up of staying positive all week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm signing! I actually just wrote a post on happiness. Strange. :)

    Also, you're guest posts are super fun! Where do I sign up for that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED reading this, I am definitely pledging:-)

    -Shay

    ReplyDelete