Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Eve recipe!

Good morning beautifuls!

I hope your Sunday is fabulous!

On this eve of one of the greatest holidays ever, I wanted to share a sweet treat that was a big hit in my house/at work - sweets for sweets :)

Chocolate Eclair [Cheater] Cake

Ingredients:
1 box of graham crackers [3 pkg's in a box, I use Honey Maid]
2 boxes of 3.4oz instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1 8oz tub Cool Whip

for chocolate topping
1 cup sugar [see 'my two cents']
4 TBSP baking cocoa [not the kind you make on a cold night]
2 TBSP milk
4 TBSP butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl add the instant pudding powder, 3 cups of milk, and entire tub of cool whip. Stir until you make a smooth batter.
2. Prepare chocolate topping by beating sugar, cocoa, milk, butter, and vanilla together.
3. Take a 9x13 glass dish and start by laying the graham crackers down whole on the bottom of the dish. Then cover the graham cracker layer with a layer of pudding batter and repeat layers one more time. [It should go graham crackers, puddin, graham crackers, puddin, graham crackers]
4. Spread prepared chocolate topping on final layer of graham crackers and put in fridge to chill over night.
5. Serve cold and enjoy, it goes fast!

My two cents:
-When I found the recipe it just said 'sugar' for the chocolate topping. In my opinion, it was a little grainy and it may have been better with powdered sugar. 
-Make the day before, it needs time to get all soft and yummy for the next day.

Happy Valentine's Day eve! I hope you all have a fantastic love day tomorrow - or if you're like us, I hope you had an awesome time celebrating it early :) Loves!

[look at those yummy layers..mmm]

8 comments:

  1. Mmh...it looks delicious!
    Happy Valentine's Day Eve to you, too!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm! Thanks so much for the recipe. Happy early V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look Yummy. It sounds simple enough maybe even I can make it :)

    Write it in lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this before & loved it! so glad I have the recipe now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmm, oh my gosh, I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you all like it! It's SO yummy :)

    ReplyDelete