Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to an EXTRAORDINARY woman

Today happens to be the birthday of one of my MOST favorite people in the whole entire world.
-One of mine and Granny's first pictures together-

When I was little and my mom asked me if I could go anywhere in the world, I wouldn't say Disneyland or the zoo, I would always pick her house. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is the out, she was the first to see me when I was born because it was an emergency c-section and my mom was under anesthetic. She taught me to play tea party and to use my imagination. She always had the very best drawers; make up drawer, jewelry drawer, "junk" drawers... My cousins and I could always find some kind of treasures in them. She is one of the most strong and gentle persons I've ever known and makes the best peaches and cream oatmeal, floor "pallets" and ambrosia. She is not afraid to tell you what's on her mind, and that's the truth. As I grew up, I loved watching her cook lunch for my Papa (grandpa) every day when he came home from lunch, and watching my Papa get "good luck" smooches from her every morning before he went golfing.  You've raised an amazing family, and I think I speak for everyone when I say, we love you so much.

-Family-

Happy Birthday, Granny, you are one of the most EXTRAORDINARY women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing in my whole life. You've taught me so much and I'm sure you've still got some life lessons up your sleeve. I love you, more than words could ever say. Now, I won't say how old you're turning, because a lady never reveals her age, but let's just say, you've gotten better with time! ;)

-Sassy Granny-

1 comment:

  1. It was so sweet to hear about your Granny. I LOVE the old picture of your "Sassy Granny". =]

    ReplyDelete