Monday, October 25, 2010

It's a blustery day in my neighborhood!

In the Pacific Northwest, the seasons are very distinct. And when I woke up this morning and looked outside, it felt like the seasons had changed overnight. The wind was gusting, the rain was falling sideways ["Sideways raaain" like Forest Gump says] and the minute I stepped outside I was freezing!

Welcome Fall!
I wonder what kind of weather we are in store for this year! :)

This weekend was full of family and friends!

Friday night Bryan and I were treated to a great dinner and happy hour with my parents, it's so rare that we get to spend time with just them, we had so much fun!

Saturday was full of one of my all time loves, SCRAP BOOKING! I just love it! And I get to spend all day with my mom [one of my most favorite people ever] I worked only on wedding photos and got most of them in an album. I felt like I got to relive my entire wedding experience over again! I wish I had gotten some pictures, it looked like my wedding threw up all over my work station! :) And my contribution to the "community snack" table were these little guys [recipe to follow at the end of this blog if you are interested!]

Owl Smores

Mine didn't turn out quite like the picture, but I was happy, they were cute, and a hit with the other ladies who were scrap booking! :)

Sunday morning I woke up feeling crummy, you'll have to forgive me if I'm not on top of it for the next couple of days. But in the afternoon I met two of my best friends from high school, we've made it a point to have lunch at least once a month. Even though we've all grown up and have gone our separate ways, it's so wonderful to come back like no time has passed and have these friendships with girls that I've known since we were in 8th grade [TEN years for those of you who don't know how old I am :)]

Lindsey, Me and Erica at my bachelorette party [Please don't mind me I was a little tipsy] And this was the only picture I had on hand of us three



All in all a great weekend to be had by all! I'm counting my blessings because there are many! Hopefully this stubborn sinus infection will go away quickly, but until then I will enjoy the hot tea, soup, and cuddling on the couch with Bryan and/or Harley <3


Owl Smores (Courtesy of livinglocurto.com)

Ingredients:
-graham crackers
-marshmallows (the regular size)
-chocolate chips
-candy corn
-yellow candy melts (I used Wilton's)'


Directions
1. Cut one marshmallow in half and place both pieces on a large graham cracker (2 stuck together)

2. Put a candy melt on top of the marshmallows. Heat in the microwave for about 2-5 seconds, just enough to make the marshmallows puff up, but not get too hot.

3. Take out of microwave and add a chocolate chip on the yellow candy melt and the candy corn beak while the marshmallows and candy are still warm. Everything should stick together nicely.

4. Let cool and serve! You can make these the night before a party and everything is still very tasty.


My Two Cents
-Either this is NOT as easy as the directions make it sound, or I'm crazy and couldn't figure it out! I only made about 8 little owls, but it was worth it because, hello! They're cute! :)
-When cutting the mallow in half, I would put the "sticky" side down and that seemed to help it stick to the graham cracker a little better.
-The candy melts were tricky little things, you've got to almost put them in the microwave by themselves first to soften them up a little bit





3 comments:

  1. Oh so fun! Can't wait to try the owel smores :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls look so cute!

    I would love to see some of your scrapbook pages if you get a chance to post them. I barely managed to get our pics into a regular photo album and now that we have kids, that's probably the best I'll ever do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun you make time to keep in touch with your old friends! I am finding it hard to keep in touch with everyone lately, I love this idea! And the smores are adorable!

    ReplyDelete