Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cupcakes, Tag post, pictures, OH my!

This is hardly a Wordless Wednesday, it's pretty much the exact opposite, but I've got lots to share! So you're in for a long one! :)

First of all, I was tagged over at walkinginhighcotton by my blogging buddy Jamie! Here are my answers: (Thanks Jamie, these were fun questions!)
1. What is your favorite thing about your house?
-At the present moment, I don’t have an actual house, but I do have a home. Bryan and I live in an apartment currently (looking to hopefully move into a duplex or find a house for rent by the end of January) But if I had to choose what my favorite part was? It’s probably the fact that it’s where we share meals, secrets and endless laughs with each other. It may not have a backyard or a garage, or very much privacy for that matter, but our home is wherever we are.
2. If you could change anything about your life right now, what would it be?
-Our living situation. Bryan said when we get into a house with more than one bedroom, we can start trying for babies, color me happy!
3. Where would your dream vacation be?
-In the US; I would LOVE to visit Manhattan in New York, preferably in the fall. All the hustle and bustle would be exhilarating, and an experience I hear is like nothing else. I would visit the Empire State building, eat a delicious hot dog in Central Park, and stay at the Plaza hotel. Outside of the US: Austria. Hands down. One of my all time favorite movies is The Sound of Music, and the scenery in that movie is breathtaking. I can only imagine! 

4. What is one thing you have done that you wish you could take back?
-These questions are hard because I feel like everything you’ve been through has shaped the person you are today. But if I had to pick one, it would be I wish I didn’t try so hard to grow up so fast. I wish I would have listened to my parents and savored being a kid and having no responsibilities. Ah, woulda, coulda, shoulda.
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
-Ooh, I like this one! I <3 blogging because it is an outlet for me. It’s a way to share stories with my friends and family of the happenings in our daily lives. It’s a great way to meet new friends! It’s a wonderful way to get new ideas for recipes and tips for my home. I love finding new blogs that make me smile!
6. What is one thing that could turn your bad day into a great day?
-I really can’t just pick one, so I’ll give you three. One, my husband, he is the funniest person I know, hands down. If he can’t get me laughing when I’m down, there must be something really wrong. Two, music. There are so many different songs and albums I refer to when I’m down, but some of my faves are Journey “Don’t Stop Believin”, Natasha Beddingfield “Unwritten”, anything by Yellowcard, The Eagles, and if I’m really feeling down, Christmas music :) And three, love. Whether it’s I see a couple holding hands and kanoodling, one of my sappy chick flicks, or a really good love story in a book. I just LOVE love. There’s nothing better.

I also wanted to share a SUPER cute cupcake recipe with you! I made them to practice for a party I'm attending! I think they turned out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself! 


Tropical Teddy Graham Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 box of your choice cake mix (I used funfetti of course! :)
1 pkg of graham crackers
1 box of teddy grahams
1 bag gummy life savers
1 12oz jar of frosting (I used the whipped kind)
1 pkg of cupcake holders
1 pkg paper umbrellas toothpick thingy's (You know, the kind that they put in really fruity drinks? Those.)
Blue food coloring


Directions &
My Two Cents (I just went by the picture that I found online)

1. Bake cupcakes according to the directions on the box, set aside to cool before frosting.
2. While cupcakes are in the oven:
3. Add four drops of blue food coloring to about 4 big spoonfuls of frosting in a separate 
bowl. 
4. Put each teddy graham in his own life raft - aka - gummy life saver
5. Make sure each umbrella is "open" and will provide 
adequate shade to each teddy

6. Crush up a couple graham crackers into itsy bitsy pieces, the smaller the better. If you
don't want to buy teddy grahams and graham crackers, I'm sure crushed up teddy grahams 
will work just fine too.
7. When the cupcakes have cooled down, it's time to assemble! Your result should look like these! Great for pool parties, luau's, or just for having cute cupcakes :)



Happy Wednesday and happy baking! These little guys put a 
smile on my face! I hope they do for you too! :)

PS - see my quest to document a year in pictures by clicking on the 
"How do YOU Measure a Year" tab at the top of the page:)

6 comments:

  1. I'll try and remember the cupcake recipe for when I'm a para educator in an elementary classroom. Little kids are bound to love them! Heck, the teacher and I are bound to love them! Plus, I love to bake, so I wouldn't mind doing it for my teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cupcakes are too cute!!! i also want to live in new york someday! haha! let's go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the cutest cupcakes ever! Yum Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcakes are sooo cute and so creative! :)

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete