Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

26. My blog readers - Listen ladies, I don't think you FULLY understand how much I appreciate YOU and your comments. Seriously, one of the brightest spots in my day.
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou! 
I try to keep up with most of the comments and to follow you back as well! 

27. Black Friday deals - I spy with my little eye something... silver. Can you guess? On Black Friday at Tarjay [Target] they are going to have this little puppy who is normally $90 reduced to $50! Now that's what I'm talking about!

28. Grey's Anatomy - Have you ever had thatONE TV show or movie that just makes you feel good? Or one that reminds you of fun times in your life? Or one that you feel like you are rooting from one character to the next every week? Grey's is that for me. I <3 this show even though there have been major cast changes over the last couple years. It reminds me of sitting on my best friend's bed, on the edge of our seats when Dr. Burke got shot and we all gasped at the same time. It reminds me of family dinner and Catch Phrase nights. Basically, it reminds me of the good times I had while at college. :)

29. Susie (My hair dresser) - It's hard to find a GREAT hair dresser, and let me tell you, Christine found her! Well actually, Susie found Christine, at the bowling alley that they both bowled in. Susie approached Christine and said, "Can I tell you what I'd do with your hair?" Hallelujah! Once you find a great one, you can't ever go to anyone but her and you follow her around to what ever salon she goes to, am I right? Or am I just a nutto?

30. Letters to Me, From Me - I write myself little reminders, love notes if you will, hoping that when I am down or need to be reminded, they are there, in my notes, in my iPhone. See, another reason why I love my iPhone, it's a cheer-er upper! :) For example, this particular note was written back in June, and I just came across it again last night. It's just a quick list of things I try to remember.
-Start knowing why I feel the way I feel, too often my answer is "I don't know", I want to know
-Start feeling more beautiful about myself, I don't need someone to tell me. I'm beautiful inside and out!
-Start focusing on the good things in life
-Pay compliments to people I encounter on a daily basis, you never know if it could brighten up their day
-Look for the good in EVERYONE
-Start each day with a "can do" attitude!

Hope you are having a blessed Thursday, can you believe a week from today is Thanksgiving?! Holy moly! That is the ULTIMATE Thankful Thursday :)
What are you thankful for this week?

PS - Check back tomorrow, I'll be doing a guest blog at

6 comments:

  1. you are so right about the hair lady!!! lol! i would follow mine anywhere! :) and you know i will be hitting up the black friday deals with ya girl! yay! i can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about my readers - if I had any. Sometimes I feel that you're the only one who reads my posts, Amanda, since you're the only one who comments (especially since I barely have 10 followers) :/

    I have a few shows like that, too. Can't think of them right now, though :-P

    We have a hairdresser like that at the Hair Masters near our house. My mom goes to Anthony's ex-girlfriend's mom most of the time now but when we go to Hair Masters, we always get Win, or at least get to say hi to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh my goodness CANNOT WAIT FOR BLACK FRIDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm definitely your latest follower...you're too cute!
    And is this YOUR Thankful Thursday button? I want to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait until black friday and harry potter this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't thankful for the premier of Harry Potter tonight!? haha jk! I absolutely love your little "notes" to yourself. You're such a positive and sweet person. =]

    ReplyDelete