Thursday, November 18, 2010

Not Julie & Julia's - 'Boeuf Bourguignon'

This is a special early edition of "Favorite Things Friday"
I'm going to share one of my favorite recipes of my Granny's :)


I hope you've all seen this movie, if not, I hope you watch it soon! If you love to cook, bloging and Amy Adams like I do, then this is definitely right up your alley!

I think about this scene in the movie every time I make Boeuf Bourguingnon - because unfortunately I have not mastered the culinary skills to cook that one yet. But my Granny's cheater recipe is just fine with me! And I pronounce it like this "Boof Borginyawn", I can only imagine that it's JUST as tasty :)


Ingredients:
2 cans cream of mushroom soup(COM)
1 cup of red wine
1 pkg of stew meat (they come in different sizes, but the COM/wine mixture will be enough to cover a lot of meat)
a couple TBSP of flour, or enough to coat the meat cubes
about 1 TBSP steak seasoning
Egg noodles

Directions & My two cents
1. Put your stew meat in a heavy duty Ziploc bag and pour enough flour and seasoning in to coat each cube. This is why I can't give an exact amount of those two ingredients.
2. Make sure you have a really hot skillet ready, and brown the meat so each cube is just seared on all sides, do not cook through
3. In a bowl mix the COM and red wine - it will look purple at this point, but don't be alarmed, when it cooks it will turn brown :)
4. Add the meat to the COM and wine mixture and mix together
5. Put it all in a 9x13 casserole dish and cover with foil, bake in a 350degree F oven for two hours
6. Cook the egg noodles according to package when the beef has about 10 more minutes left to cook
7. Serve the meat over the noodles...mmmm the meat should fall apart like butter :) SO yummy, I hope you love this recipe like peanut butter loves jelly!


7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... my mouth is watering right now. I totally want to try that recipe! (And totally want to eat that dish right now, too! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I have seen this movie yet but it looks delightful. I'm not much of a cook though so I probably couldn't cook this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 that movie!!! ohmygoodness.. i think you might have just picked GiBBs & I's next movie craving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you are STILL making me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. that looks amazing! I will def. have to give this a try.

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe...thanks so much for sharing it, and cute blog!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ladies, I promise, you will NOT be disappointed with this dish! It's great for two people and also some leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete