Monday, January 24, 2011

Confessions of a 20something


Here's to crossing my comfort zone...

My husband snores, but in his defense I heard I do too
I struggle with anxiety/stress/worry
I have really bad psoriasis on my scalp
Today I've been married for six months ♥ - please expect a super mushy post from me tomorrow to my husband
I wish I could write a letter to my teen self - in fact, I think I'll do that this week
Sometimes I feel, 'Am I ready to grow up?'
I stayed up till the wee hours reading her blog last night, I feel inspired by her
I wish I lived closer to my family in California, but couldn't imagine leaving the one in Washington
I listen to a radio station that plays 60's and 70's oldies - it makes me feel good :)
I love tanning - it also makes me feel good, even though I know it's really bad for me
I desperately want a new car just to put these on them - sorry babe :)
I traded a job that paid big bills that I hated, to a job that just pays the bills that I love
I sometimes avoid people I went to high school with - why? Embarrassment...
I'm not always as nice as I should be to my parents, that needs to change
I can't wait to move this weekend, finally
I didn't date much before Bryan, I'm OK with that, sometimes people make me think I missed out, I know they're wrong
I wonder 'Would I like me if I met me?'
I get hot flashes and sweaty often - especially in the summer ugh
I got my first pap smear for the first time last year - I cried before the doctor even started the exam
I worry about debt and my weight
I worry about my husband while he's at work
I love taking long soaks in the tub
Sometimes I intentionally watch sappy love stories or listen to country songs just to cry
I feel like a major bitch sometimes - if you've experienced that side of me, I'm sorry
I'm a major homebody...like really bad - Bryan isn't, I find it is a healthy balance for me
There are some toxic people I'm looking to cut out of my life...
I'm an awful procrastinator :(
I love with all my heart, and just want to be loved that way in return
I'm really easy to please
I just bought this from my seriously talented friend and fellow bloggee - check her out!
I feel really good that I did this - thanks for sticking around till the end :)

14 comments:

  1. Great post. I love honesty, its so refreshing, even when its scary. So you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, I'm so glad you did this!!

    Every single day I wonder if I'm ready to grow up! I wonder if I'm mature enough to handle it!

    but we can do it :) and we'll make it through!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was... FAN-FLIPPING-TASTIC! love to here your true honesty!

    Very good post!! love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I need to cross my comfort zone, it is so easy to just do what you are comfortable with! Thanks for sharing, your honesty is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it's kind of crazy but it seems like you were describing me! I can relate to sooo much of that.

    Kudos for opening up and sharing - you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my bf snores....i cant STAND it!!! i have about 20 earplugs, but the problem with that is i need to hear my alarm for work:(

    lol, how do you deal with it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a neat post girl! :) i'm a professional worrier too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was very good for you to do manda.. sometimes we need to take that second to reflect. i liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading this- it personalizes you and makes you REAL! I think you are pretty terrific- sweat, psoriasis and all:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I can relate to so many of these. Like watching a sappy movie or listening to a song just to cry? Guilty! Thank you for this - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post. I too am a worry/stress wart with anxiety like crazy! I too have psoriasis only on my scalp. Bleh! But all of these things are what makes us well... us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are very similar! It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was gonna do something similar to this yesterday but didn't have the time or the courage. Maybe I will now. It's also a confession of some sort.

    I also got my first pap last year, mostly because of my age. I didn't cry, but my mommy was right next to me and as soon as it started to hurt and I cried out, she was right by my side, holding my hand! So I was worse than you!

    Happy 6 month anniversary to you and Bryan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are wonderful amanda... i knew you in high school and you have NOTHING to be embarrassed about! :)
    Thanks for the shoutout too. Mailing your hat tomorrow! yaya!!!

    ReplyDelete