Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Olive Penderghast says

funny love quote :)


"Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life."

PS - If you feel so inclined, my sweet friend Jaimie from Legos in my Pocket got me in the nominations for Blog of the Month over at For the Love of Blogs - if you have a minute click here and vote for me :)

10 comments:

  1. Great quote! Not sure I know the movie it's from though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie! So funny :) And this quote is great, and so true for like..every woman ever. I voted for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote! And it's so true - I wish my life were an 80's movie too! Oh and I voted for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This so cute- I love it! I always thought I should have been a teen in the 80's...boombox and all! Good luck with the votes, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I watched this movie for the first time this weekend and I thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! You nailed it! I love love love 80s movies...especially Say Anything...definitely one of my favorites, ever! He is just too darling...what would Dusty do if I told him I wanted a boom box outside my window?

    ReplyDelete
  7. one of my favorite movies of 2010! so happy to see emma stone up for a golden globe:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I love this movie! It is my current go-to for when I need a laugh/smile. Emma Stone is spectacular

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh the lawn mower.. yes puh-LEESE!! ;)

    ReplyDelete