Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm BAAACK!

GOOD MORNING BLOGGING WORLD!
Ahhhhhh yes, it feels good to be back, I may still be hacking up a lung, but I feel 100x better!

I wanted to update you all on my Papa, he's doing better, they had to rehyrdrate him in the hospital and the next day as well, but he is home with my Granny now :) Thank you all SO incredibly much for your prayers, it made my heart burst.


In case you didn't see my Hot Sweaty Mess post, here's a recap:
Tuesday night: came home with a low grade fever
Wednesday morning: woke up with a 101.4 fever - went to the doctor, he diagnosed me with the flu and put me on Tamiflu and an inhaler for chest tightness
Wednesday evening: woke up after taking a nap with a 103.1 fever - highest fever I have ever remembered having in my life, I was so scared. I jumped in a tempid bath, took some more ibuprofen and sweated it out.
Thursday & Friday: Struggled with a fever in the low 100's and started coughing, like bad, like so hard I felt like I was going to throw up
Saturday: Felt like I was getting worse so I went to urgent care in the afternoon - the doctor there put me on cough syrup (with coediene - the good stuff) and prednizone (to help with the swelling in my throat)

So, how am I now?
Five days, four prescriptions, three days of eating nothing but soup and saltines, two doctor's visits & a partridge in a pear tree later, and I am doing MUCH better, still have a yucky cough, but it's under control. Still taking it easy though.


Which brings me to our MOVE!
I never thought it would happen, and it finally did. It went off with a few miniscule hitches, but other than that, I have to brag on my family a little before I share some photos. Bryan, & his step-dad, mom and sister loaded up 3 cars, a truck and a trailer full of our stuff, from one home to the other in a matter of hours and my mom and sister came and cleaned our apartment from top to bottom - we have an AMAZING family. Just sayin.
Ok, now I will try to get more pictures soon, but these are a few I took on my phone right after we got things moved in:
view from our backyard
my personal favorite feature of the house
just imagine candles everywhere!
yessss :)
the kitchen - and Harley
breakfast nook :)
view from our front room

Ahhhh, it feels SO good to finally be DONE with apartment living. However,  I have to say that the apartment's we've lived in have been good to us, and for that I am grateful :)

I can't wait to catch up on your blogs and see what's been going on in your lives! I've missed you! Thank you again for all your well wishes and prayers for me and my family this past week, it was definitely trying at times, but we pulled through it, together.

PS - Don't forget! Today is the last day to enter the giveaway, tomorrow morning I will be choosing a winner via random.org. Good luck everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house! It looks awesome! That bath is crazy amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are back and feeling better! Glad your move went well, families are the best! Your new home looks amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok SO glad to hear you are doing better! What an ICKY sickness! And second, your new home looks SO beautiful! I want to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww glad you are feeling better! What a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your doin better sweetie.. and good thing Grandpa is too! That bathroom is KICKASS.. on congrats on getting the house! i know that must feel awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for all the positives!! Glad your Grandpa is doing better and you are feeling better!! Soooo insanely jealous of your bath - can't wait to see more pictures of the house! And that view is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back! :) Your house is AMAZING. I love those stairs to the bath...so pretty! And I'm glad you're feeling better :) Papa too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ick! I hate being sick! Glad your feeling better! I love your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I was sad to read that you were sick! :( But your new house looks awesome!!! Love that view! Congrats to you on achieving that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better! Your house looks amazing, I love the view of your backyard!

    ReplyDelete