Thursday, January 27, 2011

The power of prayer

I'm in need of your prayers, good thoughts, and any good juju you are able to send my way.

SO much is going on in my head right now, I feel like I'm being tested -

I'm trying desperately to get over this awful flu
I'm going to start my period this week (which is making everything 10x more emotional)
We're moving (which is great but I'm stressed because I won't be able to help much)
and we just found out that my sweet Papa(grandpa) may have had a stroke...

If there were ever a time that I would appreciate your prayers it would be now... I've never been very eloquent at praying and I'm not the best Christian that I could be, but I'm going to try...

Dear Heavenly Father, 
It's me, Amanda. I know we haven't spoken in a while, and I know it seems like I only turn to always turn to you when something is going wrong, but that's not the case. You are in my head and heart always. My family and I are having troubled times right now, please lay your healing hand over my Papa and comforting hands over my Granny, they are still so in love and I can't imagine one without the other.  I also pray for the doctor's working with him to have skillful hands and knowledgable brains. Please make this my number one priority prayer, and if there is time left over, please also see that our move this weekend goes smoothly and that my family is well taken care of - we are so lucky to have such a family that they are giving up a weekend to help us clean especially since I'm so under the weather. Thank you so much and you'll hear from me soon.
Amen

This is my sweet Papa so you can put a face to your prayers

Granny and Papa


I love you Papa, I know everything is going to be ok, have Granny give you some "healing smooches"

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, I have tears in my eyes as I write this.
I have faith.

16 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you and your family right now! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I have just written your name along with "Papa" on my prayer list for tonight. The Lord is good and will take care of you. Stay strong and keep faith this His will and work be done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. stay strong! prayer is very powerful. xoxoxo.

    <3 Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you and your family sweet girl! Hang in there <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about that, Amanda! And I'm sorry you're sick. :( I'll be praying for you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh honey! Sending my prayers your way!!! Keeping you in my thoughts today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you sweet friend! Keep your head up, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry your going through a tough time, Amanda! Your in my thoughts and you and your grandpa are definitely in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all are so amazing, thank you deeply for your prayers. Papa is doing ok, they found out he was severely dehydrated. The reason they thought he had had a stroke was because he was unresponsive and very lethargic, but apparently those same symptoms can be the case with dehydration (didn't know that) I'm so glad everything is ok but I can't even begin to describe how scary it is when something like that happens. I love you all <3 xoxo I'll be back blogging/commenting on Monday, hope you all have a fabulous weekend, hug and kiss your loved ones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your Grandpa - sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
    Get better soon!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your Papa, but sooo glad to hear that it was not a stroke! You are in my thoughts and prayers this weekend!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad everything is better than thought with Papa! Now we need to work on YOU getting better! *::Sending good Vibes to you::* HMMMMMMMMMMMM (MeditativeHumming) OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ;)feel better dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you and your family. God is an awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear your Papa is doing better! I hope your weekend was much better than your week. Its hard feeling overwhelmed and that things are out of control- I can relate!

    ReplyDelete